I am rolling out a new service — RESUME ORGANIZING. Many job seekers have great content on their resumes, but the punctuation and layout could use an upgrade. I have experience in reviewing resumes and I’m aware what employers are looking for. Here are some simple tips:
- Make your NAME the focal point at the top of your resume
- Don’t forget to include an “Objective”
- Make sure your entire resume is the same font and stay away from non-traditional fonts
- Be consistent with font size and bold text
- Include 3-5 bullet points under each job
- Keep employment dates consistent, i.e. 03/2011 – 08/2012 or 2003-2011
- The following are assets to a resume: Software Knowledge, Professional Certifications/Licenses, Community Involvement
- The “Education” section should be similar to: University of Pennsylvania – Bachelor of Science in Finance. Avoid abbreviations.
- Do not bore potential employers, keep your descriptions short and sweet
- Your resume should be 1 page, in most cases.
- Don’t forget to utilize spell check
If you would like me to review your resume, contact me today.