Over the last couple weeks I have organized 3 garages. When I asked my clients what their goals were, they all said “I want to be able to park in my garage”. Is this you? Here are some ideas to get your garage organized and your parking spot back.
- Clear out all trash and recyclables before you begin.
- Remove all items you no longer need. Create a donation pile or place items in your vehicle to drop at a donation bin, so that it does not creep back in.
- Place similar items together. If you have tools on the gardening table, take them over to the tool cabinet.
- Once you have like items together, take a step back and figure out how you want your garage space to look.
- Take the time to SORT and LABEL. It may be tedious, but will save you time and aggravation in the long run.
I really like the Rubbermaid FastTrack system. It offers many different hook types and sizes. It also offers wire baskets and bungee cord ball racks.