Halloween is tomorrow which means the holidays are right around the corner. 4 weeks until Thanksgiving and 8 short weeks until Christmas! Do you have your Christmas list ready? It may be a good idea to start early and pick up gifts here and there. You will save time and money planning early! Here is my checklist:
- Create a gift list separate from a holiday card list
- Ask your family and friends to create a wishlist online, most retailers have them. Amazon has one as well, check it out http://www.amazon.com/wishlist/ref=topnav_lists
- Comparison shop online for those items on your list. Buy them early!
- Buy your Christmas cards and send them out about a week after Thanksgiving
If you are hosting either of the holidays, your list may be slightly longer than mine
- Plan your meals and stock up on the nonperishables now. I was just at Target and they are having great sales on Thanksgiving fixings. If you are a Trader Joe’s fan, try their delicious pumpkin bread mix.
- Get a final guest count and make sure you have enough table space, chairs, and settings.
Plan now so that you can enjoy the holidays and avoid the rush!